This is the cookie which is most often made in my home! It’s very easy to make, healthy and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients. Bonus! 🙂
*Preheat oven to 325 F*
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (I use natural & unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup Sucanat sugar or Coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp of brown rice or quinoa flour
- 3 Tbsp flaxmeal with 4-5 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup Spelt flakes or Oats
- In a small bowl add flax and water. Mix and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the peanut butter and sugar. Combine.
- Add flaxmeal and flour and give it a good mix. Make sure the flaxmeal is distributed well!
- Lastly toss in the oats or spelt flakes and combine.
- Roll into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork or push down with the palm of your hand
- Bake at 325 F for 12-14 minutes depending on the size of the cookie.
I came across a great recipe called “Puffy Pillow Pancakes” on www.theppk.com . I had just bought a huge pint of blueberries so I thought I would incorporate them into the recipe and see how it turned out. I’m so glad I did! They turned out super yummy and are one of my favourite recipes to use now! I also made a few other changes to the original recipe. Instead of using all-purpose flour which was called for in the original recipe I used healthier brown rice flour. I also added 1 tsp of Cinnamon as well.
- 1 1/2 cups of Brown Rice Flour
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp of Cane Sugar
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic blueberries
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- In a medium-sized bowl add milk, apple cider vinegar and flax seeds. Using a fork mix very well for about a minute until it looks foamy.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Add water, oil, and vanilla as well. Mix well.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat a pan with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Add the desired amount of batter to the pan and cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with 100% pure Maple Syrup & enjoy! 🙂
Blueberry Flax Pancakes