Do you want to make a spread/dip that taste delicious and is good for you? Yes healthy spreads like this one can actually taste fantastic and be full of flavor!
I love how I can quickly make this recipe using my food processor and it stores so well in the fridge for up to a week. Part of staying on track is having those healthy snacks and foods handy. You don’t want to get tempted to eat unhealthy options. We don’t make the greatest choices when we’re hungry and in a hurry. We need easy healthy options that are already ready to go in the fridge in order to be successful.
I love making this spread because I can create a meal that’s fiber and protein rich. It keeps me feeling full for a long time and it pairs great with potatoes or rice.
I add kale in this recipe because I have an abundance of it growing in my veggie gardens. If you prefer spinach you can also use that in this recipe. Both healthy greens will work great in my recipe.
This recipe is oil free so this lowers the calories considerably. Added oil would add hundreds of calories to this recipe. In my opinion that totally unnecessary. Why add refined unhealthy oil to such a healthy recipe? I love cooking oil free. It keeps my food lower in calorie density. Less calories and more food is a reality when you eat this way. It’s life changing!
BLACK BEAN & KALE SPREAD
- 2 cans of black beans
- 3 large kale leaves
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Paprika & Chili Powder. Start with 1 tbsp. and adjust flavor according to preference
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce (optional)
1. Rinse canned beans and add them to a food processor.
2. Add the juice of 1 lemon and spices.
3. Place the kale in the food processor.
4. Pulse until a smooth consistency.
5. Place the bean spread into an airtight container and add the optional hot sauce if desired. Mix well.
6. The spread will stay fresh in the fridge for up to one week. If it lasts that long!
I will add a video of me making this yummy dip to this post. If you haven’t already Subscribed to my YouTube channel please consider doing so if you enjoy healthy recipes.
Stay Healthy & Happy,
You must be logged in to post a comment.