I adore rice pudding so once in a while I seriously crave some! I used to make my rice pudding using only almond or soya milk but once I tried making it with some coconut milk I revamped my recipe. Oh my gosh the coconut milk adds such a lovely flavor! This is my idea of feel good comfort food especially during the cold winter months. This recipe is actually my 8 year old’s favourite one and she get’s super excited when she sees that it’s cooking away on the stove top. It’s funny how such simple things can make a kids day! 🙂
Coconut Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 can of Coconut Rice Pudding
- 4 cups Almond Milk or just use the coconut milk can and fill it twice
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla
- Pure Maple Syrup (I only add 1 TBSP)
- In a medium-sized pot add the can coconut milk and almond milk. Bring to boil at medium heat. Keep an eye on your pot because in the blink of an eye it will boil over and create a crazy mess on your stove top!
- When the milk is boiling add the rice, vanilla and desired cinnamon. Mix well. Bring the heat down to low or a simmering heat.
- Boil for 45 minutes – 1 Hour. Stir often throughout so the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- I like adding the maple syrup during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking and then mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top before serving.
- I haven’t put in a certain amount of cinnamon because I add A TON into my rice pudding. Everyone’s taste is different so you can add what ever amount you think is best.
- I added 1 TBSP of Maple Syrup to my pot of rice pudding. You can add more if you like your pudding sweeter! I prefer adding only 1 TBSP and then if people want it sweeter then a little more can be added to only their serving.
* It seems that I live with some MAJOR Sweet Toothed people! They said they prefer when the rice pudding is sweeter! They added between 1 tsp and 1 tbsp to their bowls of pudding!
That’s it! It’s crazy easy and so incredibly yummy!!! So ENJOY!