One of my favourite vegan comfort foods is macaroni and cheese. I’m sure many people are with me on that one. Vegan or not! I’ve come across many recipes but I end up re-vamping it and adding or excluding ingredients to suit my liking. Also not all vegan cheeses are created equal as we know! It has to melt for goodness sake! My favorite vegan cheese on the market is daiya hands down. It tastes great and melts perfectly in every recipe I’ve used it for. This is my favourite recipe for maccaroni and cheese …
Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1/4 Cup brown rice or spelt flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp or to taste of nutritional yeast
- black pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 2 cups vegan cheese
- 2 cups of brown rice elbow pasta or your favourite type
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil brown rice pasta.
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add flour and mix.
- Add milk and spices and mix.
- Add 1 cup cheese to the mixture. Mix.
- Drain pasta and add half of the pasta to a casserole dish.
- Pour some of the sauce over top of the pasta and add some of the cheese on top.
- Add remaining pasta into the baking dish and cover with the rest of the sauce mixture.
- Top with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes covered.
- At the 25 minute mark remove cover and broil for a few minutes until golden brown.
4 thoughts on “Vegan Mac & Cheese!”
This looks awesome! It’s been gloomy for 3 days straight in Massachusetts and I’m thinking today is a mac and cheese day indeed! Thanks for the recipe! ❤
You very welcome @veg-unite ! Hope you like it! It’s always a hit here 🙂
I have been DYING to make vegan mac and cheese!! This recipe is going on my list of TO DO’s!
That’s great Brittany! Enjoy! 🙂