Tag Archives: oil-free
2 Ingredient Veggie Pasta!
The last couple weeks have been difficult. I’m still on the mend after feeling super ill. I had to get tested for COVID-19 and thankfully it came back negative. It’s just a regular flu that needs to run its course.
I’ve been focusing on getting lots of vegetables into my diet. I need those extra nutrients more than ever right now! Packing a variety of fresh and frozen vegetables and fruits will help my body fight illness and provide me with extra energy.
I decided to create a healthy veggie sauce using frozen vegetables to add to my meals. I used this sauce on my pasta and it worked out fabulously. It’s a completely guilt free sauce using only two ingredients. I used a frozen mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots to make my veggie sauce. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand to make this delicious veggie sauce. I’m sure the possibilities are endless and many combinations would be fantastic.
I used beetroot noodles for my pasta dish because that’s what I had on hand. They ended up being absolutely delicious. I actually found them at my local Dollar Store. They only cost my $1.50 and provided meals for two days. I ate large portions along with my partner and we still had lots left over for lunch the next day. I love saving money! I will definitely buy those again if I see them at the store. You can use whatever type of pasta you have or prefer for this recipe. I suggest using something like a whole grain pasta for added nutrition.
This is also a great way of cleaning out your fridge and making sure all the veggies you bought get used up. I hate food waste so I try creating recipes like this one in order to use everything up. We tend to buy a lot and don’t plan out our meals very well. Creating recipes like this is great to use it all up and not waste hard earned money. Nobody wants to throw away spoiled food.
Many people are also cutting back on food spending and trying to create cheaper meals. Grocery store spending can be quite high for all of us no matter what our diet is these days. If you live in a place where you can’t grow anything yourself due to the climate then these costs can be even higher unfortunately. I’m in that boat myself because it’s too cold most if the year where I live sadly. I can only grow my veggies for a short time every summer.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I need quick and easy recipes because life is just too busy! I also need to keep my diet as clean as possible so I can feel at my absolute optimal. This is why I create simple and healthy recipes like this one. If you enjoy these fuss free recipes then consider Subscribing to my YouTube Channel where I have loads of quick and healthy video recipes.
2 Ingredient Veggie Pasta
– 300-400g of Pasta
– 5-6 cups of veggies (I used frozen broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots).
– Save 2 cups of the pasta water for the sauce. This will add great consistency and flavor.
– Seasonings and spices of choice (optional)
– 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Boil a large pot of water for the pasta.
2. Add the veggies to a pan and cook them up. Just use water or veggie broth to cook them up. Don’t use oil because that will increase the calories significantly.
3. Add the cooked veggies to a blender. Add spices, seasonings and nutritional yeast if you are using them.
4. Add the pasta water to the blender. Start with 1 cup and decide how thick you want your sauce.
5. Drain and plate your pasta. Add the sauce. Combine well.
I will add my video of how to make my easy veggie pasta below in this blog post for those of you who enjoy watching recipe videos.
I will make my best effort to get more recipes up on this blog this year. I’ve had a lot of people asking me to post more often here. I will do my best my friends! Thanks for the support, encouragement and love.
Health, Joy & Positive Vibes,
Banana Blueberry Oat Cookies!
My recipe for Banana Blueberry Oat Cookies only has 4 ingredients in them …yes only 4! I want to be able to enjoy a cookie or treat without all the guilt associated with it, which is one of the reasons why I like to come up with my own recipes. The other reason is I strive to eat healthy on a daily basis. I want to be able to eat a cookie that only contains a few ingredients not chemical sugar loaded junk that’s found on super market shelves! These cookies have no added sugar in them! The bananas add enough sweetness so I don’t add any extra sugar to them. I’ve been trying to stick to sugar free snacks now and I’ve also been experimenting with stevia as an alternative. I’m also on a fitness quest so it’s important to for me to not set myself backwards by eating unhealthy treats. These simple cookies are so easy to take on the go too which is super handy when the hunger bug hits ya and all you have around you is junk food/fast food. They are very helpful to me when my daughter is at glee club and dinner time is approaching. All they have in the community center are vending machines full of junk! Tempting at times but no thanks I’ll just enjoy a healthy banana blueberry oat cookie instead! 🙂
Banana Blueberry Oat Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free old fashion rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill organic brand)
- 2 organic mashed banana
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, or to taste
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mash the two bananas in a medium sized bowl
- Add the oats and cinnamon. Combine really well.
- With a spoon scoop out the mixture and place on the baking sheet to make your cookies. Make them whatever size you prefer and top each cookie with desired amount of blueberries.
* You can also gently add the blueberries into the mixture before you scoop it out to make your cookies. I don’t prefer to however because I think they look pretty topped with the blueberries and I don’t risk breaking them in the batter. *
* These quantities made 9 cookies for me*
You must be logged in to post a comment.