One of my favourite hot cereal to make is millet. Millet originated about 5,000 years ago in China. It is one of the earliest grains that was ever cultivated. I love millet because it is highly nutritious and has 3g of fibre and 5g of protein in just a 1/4 cup serving! Hurrah!
Here is how I make my hot millet cereal …
- 1 cup millet grits
- 3 cups water
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- sliced fruit of your choice or berries
- splash of milk, or drizzle of pure maple syrup optional
- Boil water with the pinch of salt
- Add the grits & mix well
- Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add desired amount in a serving bowl
- Add a splash of almond of hemp milk if desired or you could also add a drizzle of pure maple syrup
- Add sliced fruit of your choice or berries
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
As you can see it’s and incredibly easy to make breakfast and it’s pack with the nutrition your body needs to start the day with!