I’ve had many people ask me for this specific bean salad recipe so I thought I’d just post it here for everyone. I make many different types of bean salads but this is one of my favourite ones. It’s always a hit with family and friends! I use chickpeas and black beans in this salad but the bean possibilities are endless so use whatever you have on hand. I love how you can use whatever staple ingredients you have at home and create a lovely protein packed salad super fast! I like adding chopped bell peppers into it because it adds a pop of colour to the salad and adds another element of great taste as well. For me fresh parsley is a must for bean salad so I add in a lot of it! I like to top my salad with healthy hemp hearts to finish it off.
Simple Bean & Herb Salad
You will need:
- 2 – 19 oz can of black beans
- 1 – 28 oz large can of chickpeas
- 3 – 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 – 4 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 3 Tbsp.’s Apple Cider Vinegar, adjust to desired taste
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil, adjust according to desired taste
- Salt & black pepper
- handful of parsley, I use two handfuls 🙂
- large bowl or large container
- Mince the garlic
- Open up the cans of beans and rinse, rinse, rinse them very well!!!
- Add beans to your bowl or sealable container and toss in the garlic
- Drizzle with a 3 tbsp.’s of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tbsp.’s of apple cider vinegar. Adjust to desired taste. Add more olive oil or ACV if you need depending on how strong you want the flavors to be.
- Season with Himalayan salt and black pepper and add the parsley.
- Mix well and top with 3 – 4 tbsp. of hemp hearts on top.
* I keep my bean & herb salad in the fridge to let the flavors marry for a while before serving. The longer it sits the better it will taste!!!*
You must be logged in to post a comment.