Basil + Tomatoes = Bruschetta !!!! One of my favourite things to make is fresh bruschetta. I bought two Basil plants this week and the 1st thing I did was whip up some brushetta. Basil is my all time favourite herb to use. Basil and tomato are a match made in heaven I swear!!! I add a ton of garlic to my tomato mixture because it add’s amazing flavour and it has amazing health benefits too! I don’t always slightly cook up the tomatoes but on occasion when I have an extra minute I do. I found that when I slightly cook them up that the tomato flavour really does become wonderful!
Super Easy Bruschetta
- baguette or any bread you have on hand
- A bunch of yummy Basil
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 6-7 Plum tomatoes or use can use a couple pints of Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Turn oven on to Broil
- Slice up a baguette diagonally or use any type of bread that you prefer. I’ve even used spelt toast to make brushetta! Brush on some olive oil to both sides of the bread slices.
- Place the bread slices on a baking pan and pop them in the oven to toast up on broil. Keep an eye on them or they will burn to the crisp! When they are toasted up then flip them to the other side and broil until browned and crispy.
- Chop up 6-7 Plum tomatoes or use my favourite a couple pints of Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half.
- Chop up enough Basil to your liking. I tend to use a lot … like at least 1 cup of basil.
- Chop up desired garlic.
- (Optional) Heat Olive Oil in a pan and add the garlic and cook for minute or so. Add in the tomatoes and cook just until the tomatoes are lightly softened. Toss in the basil.
- Add in seasonings. I use a little Himalayan salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Mix.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of the bread slices if serving immediately. Or keep the tomato mixture in a bowl and add to the bread when your ready to serve. Another option would be to let everyone to make their own bruschetta. You can just have the bread on a platter and the bowl of the tomato mixture beside it.
Yep the easiest and super fast recipe that pretty much everyone will enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Bruschetta!”
No Problem Carol! Glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks for sharing Deb, It was soooo Good.