I found this recipe on VegWeb.com and the source is www.luxhippie.com
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup natural chunky peanut butter ( I prefer smooth peanut butter )
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour ( I use spelt or brown rice flour )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt ( I just threw in a pinch of Himalayan salt )
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup into a creamy consistency with a hand blender.
- In another bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Place tablespoon sized balls of batter onto baking sheet
- bake for 15-18 minutes
*Makes about 15 cookies*