Are you looking for a fast and easy recipe for lunch or dinner? This is one of my favourite recipes to make! I love it because I can throw in whatever veggies I have on hand and the recipe still turns out great! The trick to this recipe is that you gotta marinate the tofu for a least a couple hours in teriyaki sauce and minced garlic. I just marinate the tofu the night before or you can marinate it before you head out the door in the morning. The tofu will be so flavourful with a great garlic kick to it! YUM!
Here’s my recipe …
Teriyaki Tofu with Chickpeas and Veggies
* 1 can of chickpeas
* 1 package of sprouted firm tofu, cut into small cubes
* 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
* 2 bell peppers, chopped
* 1 small zucchini, cut up in medallions
* 5 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1/3 cup chopped up onion
* paprika & black pepper (add desired amount)
* 1/3 cup chopped up fresh flat leaf parsley, optional
* 3 TBSP Teriyaki sauce
* 1 TBSP naturally brewed soya sauce, optional
* 1 extra tsp of teriyaki sauce to finish off the dish
* Frying pan or wok
* 1-2 TBSP olive oil
1. Place your chopped up tofu in a bowl and add teriyaki sauce and garlic. Mix well and throw it into the fridge for at least a couple of hours. If possible give it a mix a couple times.
2. Grab a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil in it. Add the tofu and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until browned.
3. Rince chickpeas very well!
4. Add onion to the tofu and cook until softened. Add broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes or so. Throw in the chopped up bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes but be careful not to over cook. Keep your veggies on the crisp side!
5. Add in the chickpeas and season with paprika and black pepper to taste.
6. Add 1 TBSP of soya sauce and 1 tsp of teriyaki sauce and combine. Add in the parsley to the dish and mix well.
7. Transfer the tofu and veggies to a serving dish. Serve on a bed of brown rice.