Here at my house I have a bit of a obsession with making apple oat bakes. I always have organic gala apples and oats in the house! Those are staple food items in my home. My kids are obsessed with gala apples so that’s why I stick to buying that type. Apple bakes are great when you wanna put together something quickly. The beauty of a bake is that you throw it into the oven and you don’t have to fuss over it. I wanted another option that was even healthier so I decided to use quinoa flakes in my recipe. It’s also a wheat-free/gluten-free grain option! There are so many benefits to including quinoa to your diet! It’s packed with a protein, super low in calories, antioxidants, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and has anti inflammatory benefits as well. Here is the incredibly easy recipe for my organic apple quinoa bake …
ORGANIC APPLE QUINOA BAKE
- 2 large organic apples, chopped up and leave the skin on. Everyone needs more fiber in their diet!
- 1 1/4 cup organic quinoa flakes
- 1 heaping TBSP of cinnamon … another obsession of mine 🙂
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup pure maple syrup (1/4 cup is what I use)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
* You will need a medium-sized baking dish*
*You can add more quinoa flakes to your bake if you desire. I don’t because I like to keep apples as the star of the show.
*Makes 4 servings*
- Add the quinoa and cinnamon into the baking dish, mix
- Chop up the apples and add them into the baking dish
- Pour the apple cider vinegar to the mixture and give it a good mix.
- Pour the coconut oil on the mixture and combine.
- Next add the maple syrup. Depending on how sweet you want your apple bake to be you can add between 1/4 – 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- Toss in the raw pumpkin seeds
- Even out in the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 F
Easy, Easy, Easy! Enjoy as a dessert or snack! You could even spoon this bake on top of coconut ice cream with a little drizzle of maple syrup and top with walnuts or pecans. YUM!