Here is a super easy snack recipe that you can make anytime. It’s a protein rich snack which will also keep you full and satisfied. I currently have a chickpea obsession and have been adding them to so many dishes. I love them in my green salads as well as my pasta salads.
If you want a yummy snack on the go then these crispy chickpeas are awesome. You can add whever seasonings you like best and play around with the flavours you enjoy best. They can be stored in mason jars which is great for healthy snacking on the go! I even bring these to my childrens swim class. The kids enjoy them which makes me super happy. Let me know what seasoning combinations worked well for you in the comments below. Happy Healthy Snacking!
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp.Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Things you will need:
- 2 cookie trays
- Parchment paper
- Paper towel or a dry dish cloth
- 2 medium sized bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line your cookie trays with parchment paper and set aside
- Open your cans of chickpeas, drain and rinse them
- Pat dry the chickpeas well
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl
- Add 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil and salt to the chickpeas and toss well
- Divide the chickpeas and add them to the cookie trays
- Bake for 35 minutes, making sure to give them a mix a few times during the baking process
- After removing them from the oven place them into a bowl with all your seasonings and toss well
- Transfer to mason jars or containers
- Baking time may vary so keep an eye on them in the last 10 minutes.
- As far as seasonings go you can add whatever you prefer or have on hand.
- You can use less olive oil if you prefer but your chickpeas may not be as crunchy
- These can store well for a week in your mason jars
Other Seasoning Suggestions:
- Lemon Pepper seasoning & Himalayan salt
- Habanero pepper salt & chili powder
- Cinnamon, cane sugar or coconut sugar and using coconut oil instead of the olive oil
Happy Munching! Enjoy! 🙂