Making fresh spring rolls is super easy and boy are they tasty!!! They are a great way of using up those veggies in your fridge! Bust them out, chop them up and let’s make some spring rolls!!! I like adding veggies like carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, sprouts, lettuce, spinach, parsley and cabbage to my spring rolls. The options are endless so add whatever you enjoy and that you have on hand! I always have a package of rice paper rolls in my fridge just in case I need to whip up a fast meal. I prefer using the small-sized rice paper but I sometimes buy the large size and then chop them in half once they are stuffed. Staples like this are what save me from resorting to picking up fast food on the run! 🙂
Fresh Spring Rolls
You will need:
- 1 package of rice paper rolls, I prefer the small size
- Chopped/Julienne veggies of choice
- 3 tbsp. light soy sauce or alternative
- 1 tbsp. Vegan/Vegetarian Hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped peanuts, optional
- baking dish with water
- small bowl
- serving dish or plate
- Make you dipping sauce by mixing the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, optional peanuts and garlic together in a small bowl. The longer this sits the better garlic flavor you will have … so yummy!
- Chop/Julienne veggies of choice.
- Add a rice paper into the baking dish with water and allow the paper to soften. Be careful not to over soak it because then the paper will break and become soggy!
- Transfer the rice paper to a large plate or cutting board so you can assemble the spring roll. Add a little of each veggie and some herbs if you’re using them to the rice paper roll. Remember not to over stuff it or else it wont roll up properly!
- Roll it up and place it on your serving plate or dish.
- Keep assembling as many as you like. Place the dipping sauce bowl in the middle of your serving plate or right beside it when your ready to serve them.
- If your making them ahead of time then just cover them with plastic wrap and place them into the fridge. Sometimes I make them the night before. They are a fantastic & very healthy lunch to pack up for the next day!