Almost every week I make banana chocolate chip muffins because they are my kids favourite type of muffin. It get’s kinda boring sometimes so I sometimes make a banana chocolate chip cake instead. Hey why not switch it up a little? Right? We go through a lot of bananas at my house! That’s ok though because these energy powerhouses have many health benefits such as containing potassium, fiber, vitamin C, B Vitamins, iron, they are a mood enhancer, and are good for the heart and nerves. I incorporate bananas in a variety of ways from my morning smoothies, muffins, and in hot breakfast cereals and oatmeal. 🙂
Here is my super easy recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip cake …
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
You will need:
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut or sucanat sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips, or regular sized vegan chips
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 F
- Mash your bananas in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and sugar to the mashed bananas.
- Next add the vanilla extract and give it a good mix.
- In a large bowl add the brown rice flour and baking powder and mix well. I use a fork to make sure my baking powder is incorporated well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and also add in the almond milk into the bowl.
- Combine well and add the vegan chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Grease a baking pan with coconut oil and add the mixture into the dish. Even it out and pop it into the oven.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, ovens vary.
- Once baked allow the cake to cool completely before slicing it!
That’s it! Very easy and fast to make!