My quinoa berry bake is so incredibly easy to make! You can put this berry bake together in about 5 minutes! Yes that fast I swear! I use frozen or fresh berries for this bake. It’s not a fussy recipe so use whatever you prefer. I sometimes buy a frozen berry variety that also has cherries in it and it turned out really yummy too. I only add 2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup to my berry bake but most people will not find it sweet enough so I suggested 3 – 4 tbsp. You might have noticed that I make a lot of fruit bakes or crumbles. I like how by making them I can enjoy a sweet treat without feeling guilty about eating it! I have a sweet tooth so I’m always trying to create healthy yet satisfying treats. My sweet tooth is happy with this simple berry bake!!! 😀 I’ve had some people ask me for the recipe so here it is ….
QUINOA BERRY BAKE
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Flaxmeal
- 1-2 tbsp. Hemp Hearts
- 3-4 tbsp. pure maple syrup, agave or other sweetener of choice
- 1 baking or pie dish
- 2 cups mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and I also threw in cherries)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grab your baking or pie dish and add the 1 1/4 cup quinoa flakes, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1-2 tbsp. hemp hearts and 3 tbsp. of flaxmeal.
- Next throw in your mixed berries of choice and also add the maple syrup. Give it a good mix.
- Even it out in your baking dish and then pour in your 1 1/3 cup milk. You don’t even need to mix it because your quinoa flakes will start to absorb the milk.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool off a bit once baked in order to cut neat slices.