I tend to eat lettuce wraps a lot! Why??? They are so easy to throw together super fast and most importantly they are incredibly healthy! See fast food CAN be healthy!!! I like to use black beans because they are my favourite bean but you can use what ever bean you prefer. The picture below is of a super plain wrap because that bean mixture was made for my 9-year-old who wanted just beans & hemp hearts. I like to add bell peppers, shredded carrot and sprouts if I have them on hand to my wraps. The beauty of these wraps is that you can pretty much use any veggie you have on hand or that needs to be used asap in them. Another bonus of lettuce wraps is that they are kinder to your waistline compared to wolfing down a bunch of tortilla wraps. Go ahead and wolf these down though because they are delicious and healthy … no guilt required! 🙂
Black Bean Lettuce wraps
You will need:
- 1 can of black beans
- apple cider vinegar
- hemp hearts
- salt & pepper , I use Himalayan pink salt
- lettuce of your choice, *Boston/butterhead lettuce is a great choice because it holds the bean mixture well. I’m inserting a picture I found of Boston Lettuce in case your not familiar with this type of lettuce.*
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed really well
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh torn up parsley
- 2-3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Veggie/veggies of choice, I usually cut up 1 large bell pepper and grate 1/3 cup carrot
Add all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. The longer you let these ingredients sit the better your bean mixture will taste! I sometimes make it the night before and keep it in the fridge.
- Pre wash & dry your lettuce leaves. Make sure they are nice and dry!
- Add your bean mixture to the lettuce. If you’re using the Boston lettuce it acts like a cup so it’s really easy to fill up.
- Top with more hemp hearts
- Eat them all up!!! Without any guilt I might add! 🙂
NOTE: I also sometimes add some brown rice or quinoa to my wraps which makes them a little more filling when I’m enjoying them for dinner. Give it a try! You will love this addition!
3 thoughts on “Black Bean Lettuce Wraps”
Thanks so much!!! 🙂
Oh yes. This dish looks really good!
They look really good! I’m craving some right now!!! Hahaha