I love making healthy apple chips! They are a guilt free snack or treat and they are so easy to make! I have found that the best way to slice the apples is by using a mandolin so that they are super thin. If you don’t have a mandolin don’t sweat it, you can just slice them as thin as possible. The thinner they are the faster they will cook. If you use a knife to cut the apple slices just remember to allow some extra time for cooking so they turn out perfect. I like to sprinkle cinnamon op top of my slices but if you’re not a cinnamon fan then just don’t use it. I love cinnamon because of the wonderful flavor it adds but it also helps reduce inflammation in the body.
Ingredients/things you will need:
- 1 large baking sheet or 2 smaller ones
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- Apples (I use 4-5 organic Gala apples)
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Mandolin or sharp knife
- Parchment paper
- Silicone brush
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- I usually use 4-5 Organic Gala Apples when I make apple chips. I use the mandolin to slice them up thinly. Place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Squeeze 1 tbsp. of lemon juice on top of the apple slices and give them a careful toss. If you mix them too much they will fall apart so be gentle!
- Melt 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Line 1 large baking sheet or 2 smaller baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the apple slices to the baking sheet. Try not over lapping them and lay them out in one single layer.
- Using your silicone brush you can now lightly brush the apple slices with coconut oil and sprinkle them with cinnamon.
- Pop them into the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Just continue this process until you have baked all your apple slices.
- Allow to cool off once cooked and ENJOY! 🙂
* Visit me on Instagram for more healthy food ideas! My handle is VeganMommyDee * 🙂