Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!!!
Hi everyone, hope your having a great day! Things have been busy here in my neck of the woods, as life with five kids is always busy. Between swim class, girl guides, appointments, my kids social lives and everything else it gets quite busy. Not to mention doing all that with a 9 month old so everything takes a little longer to accomplish lol. I try posting on IG most often out of all my social media but I don’t to post on here as much as I would like unfortunately.
A lot of people have asked me for my protein ball recipe so I thought I should post it for everyone to enjoy. I decided to post my recipe for these super healthy and protein packed St. Patty’s Day protein balls since it’s coming up this Friday! We’re actually having a St Patty’s Day party at our house this year since I’m home and not working this year (I’m on Maternity Leave). I just added more Spirulina to my protein ball mixture to achieve this wonderful green colour so they look a little more festive. No added unhealthy dyes in these babies! By doing this I also made them a power house of nutrition. I have to say I just love how easy they are to whip up and the ingredients used are all staple ingredients in my home. These protein balls are protein packed with hemp hearts, vegan protein powder, and spirulina! Healthy fats are thrown in there too with yummy unsweetened creamy peanut butter! You can use whatever nut butter you have at home or prefer and they will still turn out amazing.
These protein balls are perfect for taking with you on the run for healthy snacking while doing errands. They will stop you from stopping for unhealthy fast food because they are quite filling and will hold you over until your next balanced meal. I love the fact that they’re also a great snack to take with you to the gym for a post workout snack. I store mine in the fridge in an air tight container for over a week but usually they don’t even last that long!
Here’s the super easy recipe for these tasty and healthy protein ball snacks.
St. Patrick’s Day Protein Balls
- 1 tbsp. Spirulina
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 scoops of vegan protein powder
- 1 heaping tbsp. of hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp. of pure maple syrup
- A medium sized glass or ceramic bowl
- Storing container with an air tight lid
- Combine the oat flour with the vegan protein powder in your bowl
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup
- using your fork combine ingredients and get the peanut butter well mixed in. The mixture with look quite crumbly.
- Next add the almond or coconut milk and continue to mix all the ingredients well.
- Form balls with the mixture and place inside an air tight container.
* The protein balls pictured above have less spirulina. I prefer to add a whole tbsp. but depending on who I’m serving them to I may add less. These have 1 tsp. in the mixture.
*You can add optional vegan chocolate chips or shredded coconut to your mixture too if desired as well.