Hi everyone! I hope the holiday season has been enjoyable so far. I know it’s hard to feel positive and happy during a pandemic but we have to push through this difficult time. We have to focus on the positive things we have in our lives and practice gratitude.
Although large holiday get together are probably not happening this year depending on where you live. Here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada it looks pretty bleak sadly. I will however still make a holiday meal for my immediate family to enjoy. I want to keep it healthy but still super yummy. You can indeed have it all trust me. I’ve been playing around with some recipes and I’m in love with my lentil loaf! It’s super tasty, easy to make and made with wholesome ingredients.
This holiday lentil loaf is quick to whip up and you can just pop it into the oven to do its thing while you make a quick salad. While the loaf is baking you can also make my super easy Chestnut Rice. Holiday cooking doesn’t have to be fussy and stressful. You can get it all done quickly and still pull together a lovely meal.
I follow a whole foods plant based and oil free diet. My recipes are lower on the calorie density scale as well. This is great because it gives you the opportunity to enjoy more food and eat until comfortably full for less calories. I also make sure I’m eating plenty of vegetables daily. Half of every plate I eat is always vegetables and this method works great for me. I’m able to maintain my weight-loss effortlessly eating like this.
This holiday loaf is loaded with veggies, lentils, oats and split peas. It’s protein and fiber rich, it will keep you feeling full, and provide you with wholesome nutrition. It’s a guilt free loaf and I bet even meat eaters would enjoy it! Trade in the high fat meat loaf for a healthy and nutrition packed loaf this holiday season!
I will post my video link to this recipe if you want to watch how I make it. If you haven’t already Subscribed to my YouTube Channel then please consider doing so now. I appreciate the support and love.
HOLIDAY LENTIL LOAF
– 1 cup dry Brown Lentils
– 1/2 cup dry Green Split Peas
– 2 1/2 cups water
– 1 tsp. Veggie boullion or 1 cube
– 1 cup GF Organic Oat Flour
– 1/2 cup GF Organic quick Oats
– 2 large carrots, chopped
– 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
– 5 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 Tbsp. Organic Ketchup
– 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
– 1 tsp. Dry Oregano
– 1 tsp. Cumin
-1 tsp. Mixed Herb Seasoning
-1 tsp. Onion powder
– Sprinkle of Chili Flakes
Loaf Glaze Ingredients:
-1/2 cup organic ketchup
– 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
– 1 tbsp. Paprika
-1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
You Will Need:
– Loaf Pan
– Large Bowl
– Small Bowl
– Wooden Spoon
– 1 small pot
– 1 medium sized frying pan
– parchment paper
1. Add Lentils, Split peas and boullion in a small pot with 2 cups of water. Cook on low/medium heat until water is absorbed.
2. Chop up veggies and garlic finely.
3. Make 4 Flax eggs. Each flax egg is made using 1 Tbsp. Flaxmeal and 3 Tbsp. warm water. Set aside and allow to thicken up.
4. Add the garlic, chili flakes and oregano to a frying pan. Saute & then add the veggies. Water sauté until softened.
5. In a small bowl combine ketchup, Balsamic vinegar and spices for the loaf Glaze.
6. Transfer veggies, lentils (mashed down a little with a potato masher) , oat flour, quick oats, ketchup, flax eggs and loaf seasonings to a large bowl.
7. Mix well and transfer to a Loaf pan. I line mine with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes.
CHESTNUT WILD RICE
– 2 cups wild rice
-1 tbsp. Garlic power
-1 tsp.onion powder
– 1 package of chestnuts, 100g
-2 1/2 cups water or veggie broth.
1. Add all the ingredients except the chestnuts into the Instant Pot & seal it.
2. Cook on rice setting for 12 minutes. Allow the Instant pot naturally release.
3. Fluff the rice with a fork and add the chestnuts. Mix well and its ready to serve.
Add salt & pepper if desired when serving.
Health, Joy & Positive Vibes,