This is one of my favourite smoothies to whip up for breakfast! Fast to make, it has simple ingredients and then it’s topped with some healthy chia!!! I use a super huge mug for this baby when I make it! 🙂
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp. chia seeds (for topping)
- a few frozen blueberries (for topping, optional)
- a few large ice cubes if you want your smoothie to be colder (optional)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina
Toss spinach, almond milk, mixed berries, spirulina and ice cubes if you’re using them into a blender. Once it’s at the consistency your happy with pour into your large glass or huge mug like I do. Top with 1-2 tbsp. of chia seeds and frozen blueberries.
Enjoy your energy booster breakfast smoothie! 🙂
I make my overnight spelt flakes/oats very often. It makes breakfast much easier in the morning when your in a rush! Instead of having to wait for your spelt flakes/oats to cook all you would have to do is heat them up! So fast & easy! I use medium-sized mason jars to make my overnight oats because I find it’s easier to heat up in the morning. Instead of transferring the mixture into a pot I just add the jar right into a small pot of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I will scoop the warmed up spelt/oats into a bowl or a lot of times I eat it right from the jar! 🙂 You can’t get any easier than that right? In my recipe I use unsweetened milk, coconut shavings and almond butter because I want to keep everything sugar-free. I prefer not to add additional sugar other than the natural occurring sugar in the banana and optional berry or fruit topping. If you like things on the sweeter side you could use the sweetened coconut, milk and nut butter.
Coconut Overnight Spelt Flakes
You will need:
- 1/3 Cup Spelt Flakes or Old fashion Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Almond & Coconut unsweetened milk or milk of choice
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of unsweetened sulfate free shredded coconut
- 1 TBSP Chia seeds
- 1 TBSP all natural unsweetened Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup berries or chopped fruit (optional)
- 1 medium-sized mashed banana
- 1 TBSP chopped walnuts
- Add 1/3 cup Spelt Flakes, Oats or a combination of both which is also really good.
- Mash 1 medium-sized banana with a fork in a small bowl.
- Throw in the 1 TBSP of cinnamon, chia seeds & 1 tsp shredded coconut.
- Add in the mashed banana and chopped walnuts and combine.
5. Next add in the 1 1/4 cup of milk
6. Give it a good mix to combine, put the lid on and place it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning …
- Put a small pot of water on to boil
- Place the jar right into the pot and heat it up for a couple of minutes.
- Once it’s hot enough for your liking remove the jar from the water and your going to add the 1 TBSP of almond butter into the mixture.
- Give it a good mix and you can add 1/3 cup fresh chopped fruit or berries into it as well if you like. I do! 🙂
- Eat it right from the jar or transfer it into a bowl.
ENJOY your healthy breakfast! 🙂