This pie is so easy and fast to make so it’s now become my go to dessert. It’s made with simple ingredients that I always have on hand. To save time I usually buy a vegan already pre made graham cracker crust but a simple nut & date crust would also work really well. Depending on how sweet you like your desert you will need to adjust the agave/maple syrup to suit your taste. I’d like to try my recipe using stevia as a sugar-free alternative. When I do I’ll update you on how that turns out! It doesn’t hurt to try right? 🙂
*My apologies everyone. I posted the recipe originally without proof reading very well and I missed a crucial ingredient! THE DATES!!! Don’t forget those!*
- 3 large avocados
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust/shell
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- Add the dates to a bowl and soak them in warm water for 10 minutes to soften up.
- In a food processor add the dates (pitted), avocado, cocoa, almond milk, vanilla, agave and maple syrup and combine very well. If you are finding it a bit too dry then add a touch more milk to the mixture.
- Add the mixture into your pre-made pie shell and smooth it out.
- Place in the fridge to set. I find that it is best to make it the day before so the chocolate moose firms up slightly. It’s easy to slice up once set properly.
*I add Christmas sprinkles on top during the holiday season which makes the pie look really nice. My kids also like to drizzle peanut butter on top of their slices which tastes amazing!*
You must be logged in to post a comment.