This is one of my most often made recipes at my house. LOVE it! It’s crazy fast and easy to prepare too! Everyone who has eaten it can’t believe it’s made with quinoa. SURE IS and it tastes soooo good!
I add 2 TBSP of maple syrup to my recipe below but you can add an extra one if you enjoy things more on the sweeter side. You could also substitute it for agave if you wanted. One of my favourite things to throw into this bake is protein packed hemp hearts because it adds a bit of a nutty flavor to the bake. I often eat this strawberry quinoa bake for breakfast. Hey why not? It’s full of super healthy ingredients so I feel good about enjoying this yummy treat in the morning. See healthy can taste fantastic!!! 🙂
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1 TSP Cinnamon (I sometimes add more though :))
- 2-3 TBSP Hemp hearts
- 1-2 TBSP Dried Coconut flesh (I use Coconut Manna by Nutiva)
- 1/4 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups chopped Strawberries
- 2-3 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 TBSP Flaxmeal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Add 1 cup of quinoa flakes into a baking dish (I use a round glass pie plate).
3. Mix in the cinnamon, hemp hearts and flaxmeal.
4. Next add the 2 cups of strawberries and the dried coconut flesh.
5. Pour in 2-3 TBSP’s of pure maple syrup and the 1/4 cup coconut oil and give it a good mix.
6. Even it out in the baking dish and pour 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk on top.
7. Pop into the oven for 35 minutes at 350
8. Once Baked and removed from the oven allow to fully cool before cutting because it needs to set! If your in a hurry like I am at times scoop it into a bowl and eat it hot in a bowl.
You must be logged in to post a comment.