One of my favourite things to whip up are these easy to make Banana Oat Breakfast Bites!!! Many people make similar cookie versions to this recipe but the great thing is that everyone can make it their own way using ingredients that work for them. The great thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to your own tastes and preferences! I find that they are a great idea for a fast breakfast when you’re in a hurry which really saves time. Have them with a healthy green smoothie and your good to go! I always have organic bananas on hand as well as oats so this recipe is made very often in my home. I also add dried sulfate free cranberries and walnuts sometimes too. The recipe I’m posting will be this version. 🙂 My kids like my vegan chocolate chip version best of course but then they are a treat and no longer a super healthy breakfast bite! LOL You can also make them into cookies if you want but I like making mine smaller so that’s why I call them “bites”. I find that they are the perfect size to pop into a little container and pack them into a lunchbox or throw into a purse. They are a great on the go healthy snack. I always make sure I have healthy snacks in my purse because I’m vegan and it’s not always easy to find healthy vegan snacks on the go. Hey non vegans you should definitely be trying to bring healthy homemade snacks with you so you’re not tempted to buy sugary & fat filled treats while your on the run too!
Banana Oat Breakfast Bites with Cranberries & walnuts
- 2 regular sized Bananas
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Sulfate free Cranberries
- Handful of chopped Walnuts
- In a medium-sized bowl mash both bananas with a fork really well.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Throw in the 2 cups of Oats and the 1 TBSP of Cinnamon. Combine well.
- Now you can go ahead and add the cranberries and walnuts. Give it another good mix.
- Shape into small round balls and place on a lined cookie sheet. Flatten the balls down slightly with the back of a teaspoon.
- Pop them into the oven for 10 minutes. If you want to make them bigger or into cookies then they will bake between 12-14 minutes.
- After removing them from the oven let them cool down on the pan. Transfer them to an airtight container once they have cooled off.
Other Versions of my Banana Oat Breakfast Bites:
Vegan Chip: My kids favourite version has 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips thrown into the banana and oat mixture. They are such a tasty treat!
Plain Banana & Oat: I also make these banana bites without adding any dry fruit and nuts and they turn out great as well. Simple and super fast!
Protein Boost: I also make a version of these breakfast bites with peanut or almond butter added to the oat mixture! YUM! Just add 2 TBSP nut butter to your mixture. Be sure to combine it well I bake them 10-12 minutes depending on their size. *I omit the cinnamon, chopped nuts and dried fruit for this version.*
Coconut & Almond: Toss in a handful of chopped almonds as your nut for these banana bites and instead of adding the cinnamon I throw in 1 TBSP of shredded coconut in it’s place.
*ENJOY your yummy & fast to make Banana Breakfast Bites! Have fun with them and try out different combinations to suit your needs*
*Makes 12-15 Banana Bites depending on their size*
You must be logged in to post a comment.