These granola coins are so easy to make and are so handy to have in the house. I throw them into my purse in case I need a snack on the go. I found a recipe in Today’s Parent but had to change it up to suit my vegan needs. The original recipe called for eggs so I use flaxmeal in my recipe. I also added shredded coconut to my recipe as well because I think it add’s incredible flavor and texture to the coins. Another change to the original recipe is that I added cinnamon too! We LOVE cinnamon! Making this recipe really got me thinking about other combinations I can make as well. I will be trying out some different ideas before my kids head back to school. Sadly summer holidays are almost over. I’m starting to think of new easy to make snacks that the kids would be able to take to school. I think that these granola coins would be a great snack to throw into their lunch boxes! They are super yummy and very healthy for them too!
*You will need a muffin tin for this recipe*
- 3 TBSP Flaxmeal
- 7-8 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP Vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup oats
- 2 TBSP Pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBSP Sesame seeds
- 2 TBSP Shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup 100% pure Maple syrup
- Cinnamon to taste … I add at least 1 teaspoon to mine 🙂
- In a small bowl add the 3 TBSP of Flaxmeal with 7-8 TBSP of water. Add 7 and if it’s still a tad dry add more water. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a medium bowl add maple syrup and oil. Mix.
- Stir in the oats, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and sesame seeds, cinnamon, shredded coconut and add the flaxmeal. Give it a good mix.
- Coat your muffin tin with coconut or veggie oil
- Add the granola mixture into the muffin tin, dividing it equally.
- Use the back of a teaspoon to press the mixture firmly down into the muffin cup.
- Bake at 35o F for about 12 minutes
- Let the coins stay in the muffin cups for at least 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven. This will let the shape fully set.
- Transfer to a storage container
* Makes 12 granola coins *