This is one of my favourite smoothies to whip up for breakfast! Fast to make, it has simple ingredients and then it’s topped with some healthy chia!!! I use a super huge mug for this baby when I make it! 🙂
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp. chia seeds (for topping)
- a few frozen blueberries (for topping, optional)
- a few large ice cubes if you want your smoothie to be colder (optional)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina
Toss spinach, almond milk, mixed berries, spirulina and ice cubes if you’re using them into a blender. Once it’s at the consistency your happy with pour into your large glass or huge mug like I do. Top with 1-2 tbsp. of chia seeds and frozen blueberries.
Enjoy your energy booster breakfast smoothie! 🙂
One of my gotta get dinner on the table fast meals is vegan/vegetarian tacos. They are always a hit with my kids! I love how you can use whatever veggies you have on hand and create a super fast meal. I cook up the veggie “meat” and always add black beans to it because it’s my kids favourite bean. As far as toppings go I use whatever I have in the fridge. I’ve made it using just the “meat” & beans along with chopped bell peppers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes like pictured below. Other times I add in spinach or other mixed greens, corn and sliced avocado. Top it with a little hot sauce or taco sauce to give it a kick if you like and your cheese of choice. I don’t always top my tacos with “cheese” but if I do then I use a bit of daiya cheese. My kids eat their tacos vegetarian style and use regular cheese because they are not fans of faux cheese at all. As far as the veggie meat goes I try not using it very often because soy is one of the biggest foods genetically modified. When I do buy it I try to get organic when possible for a little piece of mind.
Dinner Rush Tacos!
You will need:
- 1 package of tortilla wraps (I use the small size)
- 1 package of veggie ground round/veggie “meat”
- Spices and herbs of choice. I use paprika, oregano, chili powder, Himalayan pink salt and black pepper.
- Veggies of choice, bell peppers, greens, tomato, etc.
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- A couple tbsp.’s of olive oil
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed very well.
- 1 large frying pan
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and add in garlic and sauté it for a minute on medium heat.
- Add your veggie “meat” into the pan and crumble it up.
- Next toss in your spices & herbs of choice as well as the black beans.
- Give it a good mix and sauté for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of water and combine well. Cook for about 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and your beans are softened.
* You can either add in veggies such as bell peppers & mushrooms to your meat & bean mixture and slightly cook them up or serve them raw in your taco*
- Grab a tortilla wrap and add some of the meat & bean mixture to it and add your veggies of choice.
- Top with cheese and taco or hot sauce if desired.
- DONE!!! Dinner is served! 🙂
Yep it’s pretty much the easiest meal to whip together which is perfect for rushed dinner times!
I always enjoy a yummy breakfast smoothie daily. It’s the perfect way to add extra greens into our diets! I love creating new smoothies and trying different combinations of fruits and veggies. This recipe is very easy and fast to whip up so it’s perfect for hectic mornings!
Breakfast Green Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tightly packed in cup of spinach or mixed greens of choice
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder
- 1 tsp. Spirulina
Toss everything into your blender and liquefy. Check consistency and add a bit more water if needed as some protein powders thicken smoothies up more than others.
Healthy Quinoa Berry Bake!
My quinoa berry bake is so incredibly easy to make! You can put this berry bake together in about 5 minutes! Yes that fast I swear! I use frozen or fresh berries for this bake. It’s not a fussy recipe so use whatever you prefer. I sometimes buy a frozen berry variety that also has cherries in it and it turned out really yummy too. I only add 2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup to my berry bake but most people will not find it sweet enough so I suggested 3 – 4 tbsp. You might have noticed that I make a lot of fruit bakes or crumbles. I like how by making them I can enjoy a sweet treat without feeling guilty about eating it! I have a sweet tooth so I’m always trying to create healthy yet satisfying treats. My sweet tooth is happy with this simple berry bake!!! 😀 I’ve had some people ask me for the recipe so here it is ….
QUINOA BERRY BAKE
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cup Organic Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Flaxmeal
- 1-2 tbsp. Hemp Hearts
- 3-4 tbsp. pure maple syrup, agave or other sweetener of choice
- 1 baking or pie dish
- 2 cups mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and I also threw in cherries)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grab your baking or pie dish and add the 1 1/4 cup quinoa flakes, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1-2 tbsp. hemp hearts and 3 tbsp. of flaxmeal.
- Next throw in your mixed berries of choice and also add the maple syrup. Give it a good mix.
- Even it out in your baking dish and then pour in your 1 1/3 cup milk. You don’t even need to mix it because your quinoa flakes will start to absorb the milk.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool off a bit once baked in order to cut neat slices.
Quinoa Berry Bake Slice!
Simple & Easy Bean And Herb Salad!
I’ve had many people ask me for this specific bean salad recipe so I thought I’d just post it here for everyone. I make many different types of bean salads but this is one of my favourite ones. It’s always a hit with family and friends! I use chickpeas and black beans in this salad but the bean possibilities are endless so use whatever you have on hand. I love how you can use whatever staple ingredients you have at home and create a lovely protein packed salad super fast! I like adding chopped bell peppers into it because it adds a pop of colour to the salad and adds another element of great taste as well. For me fresh parsley is a must for bean salad so I add in a lot of it! I like to top my salad with healthy hemp hearts to finish it off.
Simple Bean & Herb Salad
You will need:
- 2 – 19 oz can of black beans
- 1 – 28 oz large can of chickpeas
- 3 – 4 large cloves of garlic
- 3 – 4 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 3 Tbsp.’s Apple Cider Vinegar, adjust to desired taste
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil, adjust according to desired taste
- Salt & black pepper
- handful of parsley, I use two handfuls 🙂
- large bowl or large container
- Mince the garlic
- Open up the cans of beans and rinse, rinse, rinse them very well!!!
- Add beans to your bowl or sealable container and toss in the garlic
- Drizzle with a 3 tbsp.’s of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tbsp.’s of apple cider vinegar. Adjust to desired taste. Add more olive oil or ACV if you need depending on how strong you want the flavors to be.
- Season with Himalayan salt and black pepper and add the parsley.
- Mix well and top with 3 – 4 tbsp. of hemp hearts on top.
* I keep my bean & herb salad in the fridge to let the flavors marry for a while before serving. The longer it sits the better it will taste!!!*
I make my overnight spelt flakes/oats very often. It makes breakfast much easier in the morning when your in a rush! Instead of having to wait for your spelt flakes/oats to cook all you would have to do is heat them up! So fast & easy! I use medium-sized mason jars to make my overnight oats because I find it’s easier to heat up in the morning. Instead of transferring the mixture into a pot I just add the jar right into a small pot of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Sometimes I will scoop the warmed up spelt/oats into a bowl or a lot of times I eat it right from the jar! 🙂 You can’t get any easier than that right? In my recipe I use unsweetened milk, coconut shavings and almond butter because I want to keep everything sugar-free. I prefer not to add additional sugar other than the natural occurring sugar in the banana and optional berry or fruit topping. If you like things on the sweeter side you could use the sweetened coconut, milk and nut butter.
Coconut Overnight Spelt Flakes
You will need:
- 1/3 Cup Spelt Flakes or Old fashion Oats
- 1 1/4 cup Almond & Coconut unsweetened milk or milk of choice
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of unsweetened sulfate free shredded coconut
- 1 TBSP Chia seeds
- 1 TBSP all natural unsweetened Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup berries or chopped fruit (optional)
- 1 medium-sized mashed banana
- 1 TBSP chopped walnuts
- Add 1/3 cup Spelt Flakes, Oats or a combination of both which is also really good.
- Mash 1 medium-sized banana with a fork in a small bowl.
- Throw in the 1 TBSP of cinnamon, chia seeds & 1 tsp shredded coconut.
- Add in the mashed banana and chopped walnuts and combine.
5. Next add in the 1 1/4 cup of milk
6. Give it a good mix to combine, put the lid on and place it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning …
- Put a small pot of water on to boil
- Place the jar right into the pot and heat it up for a couple of minutes.
- Once it’s hot enough for your liking remove the jar from the water and your going to add the 1 TBSP of almond butter into the mixture.
- Give it a good mix and you can add 1/3 cup fresh chopped fruit or berries into it as well if you like. I do! 🙂
- Eat it right from the jar or transfer it into a bowl.
ENJOY your healthy breakfast! 🙂
This is one of my most often made recipes at my house. LOVE it! It’s crazy fast and easy to prepare too! Everyone who has eaten it can’t believe it’s made with quinoa. SURE IS and it tastes soooo good!
I add 2 TBSP of maple syrup to my recipe below but you can add an extra one if you enjoy things more on the sweeter side. You could also substitute it for agave if you wanted. One of my favourite things to throw into this bake is protein packed hemp hearts because it adds a bit of a nutty flavor to the bake. I often eat this strawberry quinoa bake for breakfast. Hey why not? It’s full of super healthy ingredients so I feel good about enjoying this yummy treat in the morning. See healthy can taste fantastic!!! 🙂
- 1 Cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1 TSP Cinnamon (I sometimes add more though :))
- 2-3 TBSP Hemp hearts
- 1-2 TBSP Dried Coconut flesh (I use Coconut Manna by Nutiva)
- 1/4 Cup melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups chopped Strawberries
- 2-3 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 TBSP Flaxmeal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Add 1 cup of quinoa flakes into a baking dish (I use a round glass pie plate).
3. Mix in the cinnamon, hemp hearts and flaxmeal.
4. Next add the 2 cups of strawberries and the dried coconut flesh.
5. Pour in 2-3 TBSP’s of pure maple syrup and the 1/4 cup coconut oil and give it a good mix.
6. Even it out in the baking dish and pour 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk on top.
7. Pop into the oven for 35 minutes at 350
8. Once Baked and removed from the oven allow to fully cool before cutting because it needs to set! If your in a hurry like I am at times scoop it into a bowl and eat it hot in a bowl.